McCombs daughter, Judy LYNN, to the Lynn Auto Theatre. In the mid 50's, the Restaurant, Gas Station, Arcade, and Golf Range were closed.
In the fall of 1957 Richard R. Reding and his son Richard W."Dick" and his wife Eunice "Abby" purchased the Theatre. In 1970 Rick joined his Mom and Dad in the family owned business. During the 70's and 80's Dick, Abby and Rick owned and operated twelve Theatre's in NE Ohio. The Drive-In Theatre's are now operated each season by Rick's two sons Rich and Jamie, making it a four generation business!
In 1967 a second screen was added along with the traditional Speaker Post Sound System to make the Theatre a Twin Drive-In. Most resent in 1996, new Stereo Audio Soundheads, two Digital Dolby FM Stereo Transmitters and Audio Boards were installed in both Theatres allowing patrons to enjoy First Run Movies, in HD Stereo, from their vehicles radio. In 2001 both Theatre's Projection Systems were overhauled and refurbished. For the 2002 season both screen towers were painted and new counters were installed in the Concession Stand and in 2005 a "Classic Mammoth Retro Neon Marquee" was installed!
In 2012 we installed a new digital projector, server and sound processor in screen 1 projector room. In 2013 we completed our digital conversion with an identical digital projector, server and sound installed in screen 2 projection room. These upgrades are a commitment to the future and to continue showing new movies in our classic American setting!
"Rain or Clear" "Warm or Cool" View Hollywood's newest Movies. With a completely remodeled Concession Stand and Classic Video Arcade, the Lynn Auto Theatre is one of the few "Grass" Drive-In Theatres left in the world!